Eurovision 2018 was a spectacular music extravaganza, showcasing Europe’s most weird and wonderful acts.
In the end Israel’s Netta Barzilai emerged as the victor – here’s the lowdown…
Who was in the Eurovision 2018’s final?
Here is the full list of countries who competed in the grand final, with Israel topping the leader board.
The UK finished in 23rd place with 48 points.
- 529 points – Israel – Netta singing Toy
- 436 points – Cyprus – Eleni Foureira singing Fuego
- 342 points – Austria – Cesar Sampson singing Nobody But You
- 340 points – Germany – Michael Schulte singing You Let Me Walk Alone
- 308 points – Italy – Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro singing Non Mi Avete Fatto Niente (in Italian)
- 281 points – The Czech Republic – Mikolas Josef singing Lie To Me
- 274 points – Sweden – Benjamin Ingrosso singing Dance You Off
- 245 points – Estonia – Elina Nechayeva singing La Forza (in Italian)
- 226 points – Denmark – Rasmussen singing Higher Ground
- 209 points – Moldova – DoReDos singing My Lucky Day
- 184 points – Albania – Eugent Bushpepa singing Mall
- 181 points – Lithuania – Ieva Zasimauskaite singing When We’re Old
- 173 points – France – Madame Monsieur singing Mercy (in French)
- 166 points – Bulgaria – Equinox singing Bones
- 144 points – Norway – Alexander Rybak singing That’s How You Write A Song
- 136 points – Ireland – Ryan O’Shaughnessy singing Together
- 130 points – Ukraine – Melovin singing Under The Ladder
- 121 points – The Netherlands – Waylon singing Outlaw in ‘Em
- 113 points – Serbia – Sanja Ilic and Balkanika singing Nova Deca (in Serbian)
- 99 points – Australia – Jessica Mauboy singing We Got Love
- 93 points – Hungary – AWS singing Viszlat Nyar (in Hungarian)
- 64 points – Slovenia – Lea Sirk singing Hvala, Ne! (in Slovene)
- 61 points – Spain – Amaia and Alfred singing Tu Cancion (in Spanish)
- 48 points – The United Kingdom – SuRie singing Storm
- 46 points – Finland – Saara Aalto singing Monsters
- 39 points – Portugal – Claudia Pascoal singing O Jardim
Who was eliminated in the Eurovision 2018’s semi-finals?
After the first semi-final, the countries failing to make it through were;
- FYR Macedonia
Eliminated after the second semi-final were;
- San Marino
How many countries participated in Eurovision 2018?
Forty-three countries participated in the contest.
This is a massive number, which equals the record amount of participants in the 2008 and 2011 editions.
Russia returned after their absence from the previous edition – but failed to make it through the semis.
For the first time since 2011, no countries have withdrawn from the contest.
MORE ON EUROVISON
Who represented the UK in Eurovision 2018?
The UK was represented by SuRie – who triumphed in Eurovision: You Decide in early February.
Her musical career started early as a child soloist, performing for the likes of HRH Prince Charles in iconic British venues such as The Royal Albert Hall and St Paul’s Cathedral.
With classical roots in piano, voice and oboe, SuRie graduated from The Royal Academy of Music.
Her performance was interrupted by a stage invader during the show – however, she declined the opportunity to sing again.