SEX Education thrilled audiences when it dropped on Netflix in January 2019.
With its naughty antics and star cast, it had viewers begging for more – so will it be back? Here’s the lowdown.
WARNING: This article contains spoilers from season one of Sex Education.
Will there be a season two of Sex Education?
Yes. Netflix renewed the series less than a month after the first season dropped.
Creator Laurie Nunn said in a statement: “The reception to season one has been so exciting.
“Seeing how people across the world have connected to characters that began as ideas in my head is incredible. I’m hugely grateful to every person that has taken the time to watch the series, and I can’t wait to continue this amazing journey.”
Production will reportedly begin this spring in the UK, according to Netflix.
With this in mind, the second series is likely to drop in January 2020.
Who will be in the cast of season two of sex education?
The cast is likely to include the following characters, as they all featured heavily in season one:
- Gillian Anderson as Jean Thompson. Known for the X Files, Gillian takes on the role of Otis’ sex therapist mother.
- Asa Butterfield as Otis Thompson. Otis is one of the more famous members of the cast having previously had starring roles in Enders Game and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
- Emma Mackey as Maeve. Newcomer Emma smashed the role of Maeve in series one and has become a big hit with fans.
- Ncuti Gatwa as Eric. Ncuti is also new to showbiz but will no doubt be back for season two.
- Connor Swindells as Adam. Connor played the bad boy of the school, who was actually the Principle’s son.
More on Netflix
What happened at the end of season one of Sex Education?
The series follows teenage virgin Otis (Asa Butterfield) who lives with his sex therapist mum Jean (Gillian Anderson).
Bad-girl Maeve (Emma Mackey) comes on the scene and sets up a sex clinic with Otis to deal with their friends’ problems.
When Otis develops a crush on Maeve the only thing that stands in his way is her on-off boyfriend Jackson.
Through it all Otis’ friend Eric (Ncuti Gatwa) is there to offer him moral support.
The end of Season 1 doesn’t see any resolution for Otis and Maeve in a romantic way. Instead, Maeve shows up in time to see Otis kiss another girl, Ola.
Also his best pal Eric starts a relationship with bad boy Adam, he who didn’t realise was gay – only for Adam to be carted off to military school by his dad.