Walmart is one of several shops running on different hours over the bank holiday weekend in the US. Memorial Day takes place on May 27 this year and commemorates those who died serving in the US armed forces. To honour the fallen soldiers, some shops are closed for the day, and people will be stocking up on supplies over the weekend. Here are the opening hours you need to know for Memorial Day weekend.
What time is Walmart open over Memorial Day weekend?
Walmart is one of few shops not operating on a reduced timetable for Memorial Day.
Over the weekend and on Memorial Day itself, Walmart stores across the US will open as normal.
This means most shops are open for 24-hours, or from 7am to 11pm depending on where you live.
Walmart advises checking via their store finder site.
The US chain is known for staying open during most holidays, and will only close early on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Other shops in the US are operating on reduced hours or have closed altogether.
Both Costco Wholesale and Tijuana Flats are confirmed to close for Memorial Day.
Here are confirmed opening hours for other US stores on Memorial Day
– Albertson’s: Stores open from 6am to 10pm
– Aldi: Stores open for limited hours
– Kmart: Stores open from 8am to 10pm
– Kroger: Stores open from 6am to 1am
– Publix: Stores open from 7am to 10pm
– Sam’s Club: Stores open from 7am to 6pm
– Save a Lot: Stores open from 8am to 10pm
– Save-Mart: Stores open from 8am to 12am
– ShopRite: Stores open from 6am to 10pm
– Target: Stores open from 8 am to 10pm
– Trader Joe’s: Stores open from 8am to 9pm
– Vons: Stores open from 6am to 12am
– Wegmans: Stores open from 6am to 12am
– Whole Foods: Stores open from 7am to 11pm