Mr Pompeo wrote on Twitter the decision “reflects the deteriorating situation” in the warring country. The revelations come as Venezuela remains in a blackout, with thousands of people left in darkness due to a power outage. Mr Pompeo said: “The US will withdraw all remaining personnel from the Venezuelan Embassy this week.
“This decision reflects the deteriorating situation in Venezuela as well as the conclusion that the presence of US diplomatic staff at the embassy has become a constraint on US policy.
Most US staff serving in Venezuela’s capital Caracas had already been moved in January.
The US main opposition is towards the country’s President Nicolas Maduro, who the US does not recognise as leader.
On Monday, tensions grew as dozens of people were seen fleeing from businesses carrying bundles of goods.
READ MORE: Venezuela’s Maduro MOCKED by Senator Rubio
Venezuela is in political turmoil as a row between Maduro and the opposition leader Juan Guaido continues to escalate.
Humanitarian aid has been offered to the country to support its citizens, but Maduro has continually refused to accept any help.
The country is also in turmoil as power cuts have ravaged the nation for five days.
Last week Maduro claimed the US was responsible for the blackout, leading to further tensions between the nations.
He added: “The electric war announced and directed by US imperialism against our people will be defeated.”
But Mr Guaido said: “Nothing is normal in Venezuela, and we will not allow this tragedy to be considered normal, which is why we need this decree of a state of alarm.”
Last weekend mass pro-regime demonstrations were held in support of Maduro, despite public opinion of the President decreasing.
The power outage has led to reports that hospitals and clinic are without functioning generators, leading to grave concerns for the country’s most vulnerable.