UFC returns TONIGHT with UFC 234 from the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.
Though the card is taking place Down Under, it will still be broadcast live on the US zone so that’s a start in the early hours for UK viewers – and now the main event has now changed.
When is UFC 234?
UFC 234 takes place in the early hours of Sunday, February 10th.
The preliminary bouts start at 1am UK time.
The main card will then commence from 3am.
How can I watch UFC 234?
UFC 234 will be broadcast LIVE on TV on BT Sport 2 for UK viewers from the prelims at 1am.
The event will also be live streamed on BT Sport’s website and their app for subscribers.
UFC 234 fight card
Robert Whittaker was set defends his UFC middleweight title on Kelvin Gastelum in the main event but he is now OUT of the card after suffering a hernia injury. This was announced on the day of the fight.
Brazilian veteran Anderson Silva, 43, vs Israel Adesanya is now the main event of UFC 234.
Silva vs Adesanya is set to be a No 1 contender match for Whittaker’s title, according to the Spider.
- Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya (Middleweight)
- Rani Yahya vs Ricky Simon (Bantamweight)
- Montana De La Rosa vs Nadia Kassem (Women’s Flyweight)
- Jim Crute vs Sam Alvey (Light Heavyweight)
- Devonte Smith vs Dong Hyun Ma (Lightweight)
- Shane Young vs Austin Arnett (Featherweight)
- Kai Kara-France vs Raulian Paiva (Flyweight)
- Teruto Ishihara vs Kyung Ho Kang (Bantamweight)
Early preliminary card
- Lando Vannata vs Marcos Rosa (Lightweight)
- Callan Potter vs Jalin Turner (Lightweight)
- Wuliji Buren vs Jonathan Martinez (Bantamweight)
What have they said?
Eugene Bareman, Israel Adesanya’s coach: “[Anderson Silva] is the Lance Armstrong of MMA. For me, he cheated. And I’m a very stand up guy. MMA fans, for one or another reasons, they’re not the same as cycling fans. MMA fans forget quickly when someone cheats. But I’m not like that. If you do something wrong and it’s proven and factual, then I hold that against him about it. I don’t hold it against you like I wanna beat you up, I just want nothing to do with you.”
Anderson Silva: “Inside the cage, everybody is not joking. Sometimes big accidents happen. I broke my leg. Sometimes you cut your face and back to home and look at your family and look at your kids. Everybody looks at you and says, ‘Why do you do that?’ It’s a passion. You love your job, you keep doing it. My family respects my job and respect my dreams. That’s why I continue to fight.”