Slasher murder suspect ‘slit victim’s throat in London nightclub before calmly walking away and travelling abroad’

0
63


A murder suspect slit a man’s throat in a London nightclub before calmly walking away and travelling abroad, a court heard.

Shane O’Brien, 31, allegedly slashed Josh Hanson’s neck at RE Bar, in Hillingdon, West London in October 2015.

Press Association Images

Shane O’Brien is charged with the murder of Josh Hanson[/caption]

The 21-year-old, from Kingsbury, North West London, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Old Bailey was told O’Brien walked away from the scene before later travelling to Romania on a private jet.

He was arrested by Romanian police officers in Cluj-Napoca last month.

The dad-of-two appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link from HMP Belmarsh dressed in a black jumper, and blue jeans.

Judge Anne Molyneux remanded O’Brien in custody ahead of a plea and trial preparation hearing on June 25 and set a trial date for 16 September.

O’Brien, who is charged with murder, is yet to enter a plea.

Previously speaking about her son’s death, Josh’s mum Tracey said: “I got a call saying Josh had been stabbed.


“My immediate response was to ask, ‘where?’, and as soon as I was told the neck my heart just sank.

“When I got to the bar they wouldn’t let me see him.

“I just went into profound shock – it’s hard to describe. It’s ripped my life apart.”

Google Street View

The 21-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene at RE Bar in West London[/caption]

PA:Press Association

Josh Hanson died from a slash wound to the throat[/caption]

PA:Press Association

Josh’s mum said his death had ‘ripped her life apart’[/caption]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here