STORM ERIK continues, bringing further wet and windy weather.
It will stay windy tonight, with further severe gales and heavy rain in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and later, in northern England and north Wales. Elsewhere there willl be clear spells and blustery showers, most frequent in the west.
UK weather forecast for 6am on Saturday
Saturday will be another windy day, with severe gales at first in the north.
Showers will affect western and especially northern parts with more sunshine in the south and east.
UK weather forecast for 12pm on Saturday
There’s a Yellow warning for wind between 00:15 Sat 9th and 15:00 on Saturday. A spell of strong winds will move from west to east through Saturday morning, bringing potential travel disruption.
What to expect:
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Potential short term loss of power and other services
- It’s possible that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities could be affected by spray and/or waves
- For more information, go to: www.metoffice.gov.uk
- For advice on staying safe, go to: www.metoffice.gov.uk/barometer/advice
UK outlook for Wednesday 13 Feb 2019 to Friday 22 Feb 2019
By Wednesday there are signals for predominantly settled weather to be in place across the UK, particularly across the southeast.
Some rain and stronger winds are likely in the north and west; temperatures here may be above average or mild for the time of year.
Overnight frost and fog is likely during this settled spell, particularly in the south and east where it is likely to be colder than average; with a possibility of snow showers from the east.
This theme may last into the following week.
most read in UK news
UK outlook for Saturday 23 Feb 2019 to Saturday 9 Mar 2019
Confidence in the detail and timing of any weather patterns is low by the start of the extended outlook.
Current projections favour a colder and more blocked regime to return into early March, with an increased risk of cold weather and potential for snow.
Temporary milder, windier spells are also likely.
UK surface pressure for 12pm on Saturday
- Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0