MOST of the county can expect heavy rain and strong winds throughout the day, with some areas in Scotland experiencing snow.
Southern England can expect cloudy weather with the occasional drizzle, although heavy rain will arrive later in the day.
UK weather forecast for 6am on Saturday March 16
UK weather forecast for 3pm on Saturday March 16
Be in control of your bills – and save up to £518
SWITCHCRAFT is a free service that finds you the right energy deal – and you could save up to £518 a year.
- Sign up, compare and switch with Switchcraft
- You’ll automatically be switched at the end of your new plan when a cheaper deal comes up
- Get £5 free cashback when you sign up
A fiver will be paid into your bank account within four months of completing the switch. prepayment meter customer customers will receive a £5 Amazon voucher. Open to those 18 and over. UK residents only. Click here for full T&Cs.
Weather warning: Yellow – snow
A SPELL of rain and snow is expected over large parts of Scotland as well as Northern Ireland, although it should only prove disruptive over high ground.
What to expect:
- Some roads and railways might be affected with longer journey times
- Bus services perhaps affected by snow in places, with car journeys also taking longer, mainly where routes run across hills
Weather warning: Yellow – rain
HEAVY, persistent rain is expected to affect parts of Wales and northern England with some areas potentially flooding.
What to expect:
- Spray and flooding may make journey times longer
- Flooding of a few homes and businesses possible
- Some coastal areas will experience spray and large waves
- Difficult driving conditions are possible, with delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges being the main concern
UK outlook for Wednesday March 20 to Saturday April 13
NEXT week will be fine and dry across central and southern parts, even with a few sunny spells. The north and northwest will have cloudier weather, and might experience outbreaks of rain or drizzle and some fresh wind.
Following this, the south should remain largely dry but it looks to be changeable in the north. The weekend might see unsettled weather, which looks set to continue in the far north and northwest until the end of the month. Snow is likely.
The end of March will see to a continuation of mostly settled, dry weather across the south of the UK, while the northwest can expect rain and some unsettled spells. There will be some frost and a few chilly nights.
As we head into April temperatures are likely to start off above average but will quickly return to normal as we experience changeable conditions.
MOST READ IN NEWS
UK surface pressure forecast for 12pm Saturday
- Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0.