PAEDO Rolf Harris is said to be gathering “dirt” on his victims as he is set to launch a new appeal against his sex convictions.
The disgraced entertainer’s private investigator is said to have dug up “verifiable evidence” against the alleged victims of his trial in 2014.
The move has been slammed by one of his later accusers who had waived her anonymity.
Karen Gardner, who says Harris assaulted her in 1977 when she was aged 16, said: “It doesn’t surprise me that a man who has never taken responsibility for the significant harm and distress he caused girls and young women, imagines throwing money at private detectives will change what most people think about him.”
Rolf Harris, 89, was charged with indecently assaulting Karen but he was acquitted as part of the 2017 trial when the jury failed to reach a verdict.
The family of the entertainer are now said to believe they have enough evidence to reopen the case for appeal.
A source close to the family told the Daily Star Sunday: “They’ve slowly been gathering dirt in the hope of launching a further appeal against victims from the first trial.
“They have been using a private investigator for at least four years now.
HARRIS ‘HOPES’ FOR APPEAL
“But the update is the team think enough verifiable evidence has been uncovered against each of the remaining victims, and Rolf’s solicitor believes that it’s enough to reopen the case for appeal.”
Harris originally served three years of a five-year, nine-month sentence after he was convicted in 2014 for attacks on a number of girls between 1968 and 1986.
He was released in May 2017 and was cleared of further charges relating to sex attack on young girls in the 1970s after the jury could not reach a verdict.
Harris’ team is said to have financial documents showing a history of bankruptcy and severe debt before the trial, possibly indicating there was a financial motivation behind her claims.
‘DIRT’ ON VICTIMS
They are also said to have an answerphone recording discussing how another victim may have made up the allegations.
The source continued: “Basically, they think they now have enough dirt on each victim that they could try and prove Rolf’s innocence across the board.
“So now they’re building the case for appeal.
“I’m not clear on whether they’re going to do this all in one appeal, or focus on one victim at a time. Or when it is going to be. But it’s happening.”
most read in UK news
Harris sparked controversy in February when he wandered into Oldfield Primary School in Maidenhead, Berks, and waved at children while he was on licence.
He was then said to have been placed under house arrest by his own family.
After photographs emerged of Harris at the school, head Richard Jarrett insisted that he had no access to pupils, and that police had been informed.
In June 2014 Rolf Harris was convicted of 12 counts of indecent assault[/caption]
In 2005, he painted an official portrait of Queen Elizabeth II[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.