PRINCE Harry was spotted for the first time after Meghan Markle’s emotional letter to her father Thomas was revealed.
The Duke of Sussex attended the Guinness Six Nation England v France rugby match at Twickenham Stadium.
The Duchess of Sussex penned an emotional letter to her estranged “Daddy” after he failed to attend her wedding telling him he had broken her heart “into a million pieces.”
The existence of the message emerged last week after five close pals of the Duchess of Sussex decided to give anonymous interviews to a US magazine bashing Thomas Markle, 74.
They claimed that Meghan wrote to her dad because she wanted to reconcile privately and was distraught over his constant media interviews.
Now in an astonishing public rebuttal, Mr Markle has once again chosen to speak to a newspaper and reveal the contents of his daughter’s private message.
Thomas told the Mail on Sunday that the gut-wrenching five-page letter was not an “olive branch” but a “a dagger to the heart” which left him “devastated.”
In the handwritten note, sent in August, Meghan addressed her father as “Daddy” before accusing him of breaking her heart “into a million pieces” by allegedly lying in the press and publicly attacking her husband Prince Harry.
She writes that Thomas has caused her “unwarranted pain” while claiming that he never called her to say he wasn’t coming to her wedding.
Mr Markle, a former Hollywood lighting director who now lives in Mexico, did not attend his daughter’s nuptials after he suffered two heart attacks days he was set to walk her down the aisle.
If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop
He has continually told news outlets that he has been shunned by Meghan and Harry – something which the Duchess claims is a lie in the letter.
She accuses her father of being ungrateful for money she has given him and for not accepting her offer of help during his health scare last year.
Meghan writes that she learned of Thomas’ heart attack “through a tabloid” – a revelation which she calls “horrifying.”
She writes: “I begged you to accept help – we sent someone to your home…and instead of speaking to me to accept this or any help, you stopped answering your phone and chose to only speak to tabloids.”
The Duchess adds: “If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop.
“Please allow us to live our lives in peace.”
DADDY, YOU BROKE MY HEART
She tells her father to “stop lying” and to “please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband.”
Meghan also hits out at the “manufactured” lies by Thomas’ “other daughter” Samantha Markle who the former Suits actress says “I barely know.”
In his response to Meghan, Thomas claims he was in hospital with “my 2nd heart attack” when his daughter and Harry sent “help” to his home.
MOST READ IN NEWS
He also denied publicly attacking Prince Harry, writing: “The only I said is if we had a disagreement, ‘get over it’”.
But despite his daughter’s anguished request for him to stop speaking to the media, Thomas signs off his response to Meghan by asking her if she and Harry would pose with him for a photo “for the whole world to see.”
He adds: “If you and Harry don’t like it? Fake it for one photo.”
Thomas Markle pictured with his daughter Meghan before she married Prince Harry[/caption]
Meghan, who is pregnant with her first child, claims her father switched off his phone in the run-up to her wedding to Prince Harry[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours