THE floral trend may come around every year, but 2019 has seen the high street step up its game with prints inspired from top designers at a fraction of the cost.
From Next jumpsuits that look like they’ve come straight out of the Victoria Beckham show to dresses that can be styled in a multitude of ways, our fashion team reveal their top tips for styling this year’s florals.
Jess Evans, 24, Fashion Assistant
Jess applauds florals for being versatile as they can be worn in many ways[/caption]
“I’ll never get tired of florals. They can be worn in so many ways, but I’ve opted for this ditsy print in a summer palette.
“The puff sleeves reinvent this Bardot dress, and paired with block-colour mules and a box handbag, it’s perfect for seeing friends on a sunny evening.”
- Dress, £69 from Never Fully Dressed
- Earrings, £12 from River Island
- Necklace, £10 from River Island — buy now
- Bracelet, £8 from River Island
- Bag, £30 from Asos.com — buy now
- Shoes, £62 from Office — buy now
Nana Acheampong, 32, Shopping Editor & Celebrity Stylist
Nana doesn’t usually go for florals but thinks this piece is flattering[/caption]
“Florals aren’t a trend I usually get on board with as they’re a bit girlie, but there’s no escaping them every season.
“However, the cut and colour of this jumpsuit is so flattering, and I love the tiny all-over wreath detail.
“It’s a great look for a garden party or wedding.”
- Jumpsuit, £60 from Asos.com
- Earrings, £5 from River Island — buy now
- Sandals, £52 from Office — buy now
Tracey Lea Sayer, 47, Fashion Director
Tracey pairs a check blazer with a floral jumpsuit for this statement look[/caption]
“Florals for spring? Groundbreaking!
“Yep, they come around every year, and in 2019 it’s all about the micro print, as championed by Victoria Beckham at her London show.
“I’ve been wearing jumpsuits on repeat for years, and this Next one rolls both trends into one.”
- Blazer, £50 from Next — buy now
- Jumpsuit, £45 from Next — buy now
- Bag, £24.99 from H&M
- Trainers, £125 from Dune London
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
Lynne Mckenna, 39, Fashion Editor
Lynne Mckenna has packed on the flower power for this OTT floral look[/caption]
“Come rain or shine, pretty petals make the perfect print for an uplifting outfit.
“I’ve chosen to layer as many florals as I can for an OTT take on this beautiful trend.
“I love how the scarves give it a real ’70s vibe.”
- Dress, £145 from Ghost — buy now
- Headband, £20 from Tot Knots of Brighton — buy now
- Earrings, £27.99 from Pilgrim
- Neck scarf, £39 from Ted Baker
- Ring, £15 from Pilgrim
- Bag, £39 from Kaleidoscope.co.uk
- Scarf (on bag), £69 from Ted Baker
- Boots, £89 from Topshop — buy now
- Hair: Guy Kremer using L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art
- Make-up: Bethan Owens using Bare Minerals
- Fashion assistant: Nina Perez
Stockists: Dune London (Dunelondon.com), Ghost (Ghost.co.uk), H&M (Hm.com), Never Fully Dressed (Neverfullydressed.co.uk), Next (Next.co.uk), Office (Office.co.uk), Pilgrim (Pilgrim.net), River Island (Riverisland.com), Ted Baker (Tedbaker.com), Topshop (Topshop.com), Tot Knots of Brighton (Totknotsofbrighton.com).