Newborn Baby Forced To Have Leg Amputated After It Got Severely Burnt By A Hair Dryer Left On By A Careless Neonatal Nurse


DOCTORS had to amputate a newborn baby’s leg after he suffered severe burns from a hair dryer left on by a careless nurse, reports claim.

The device blew hot air on the four-day-old boy’s limbs for half-an-hour before anyone in the neonatal intensive care unit in China noticed.

Henan Metropolitan News Channel This four-day-old baby in China had its leg amputated after a nurse left a hairdryer on next to him

Doctors at Xincai Hospital, in Zhumadian city, had to remove the leg to save his life, according to Henan Metropolitan News Channel.

Footage showed the nurse drying the young child after giving it a shower, before idly leaving the appliance pointing at him.

Surgeons at the Zhumadian 159 Hospital, where the injured child was transferred to, said his skin had started to crack.

“If she had paid attention to the babies and quickly removed the hair dryer from them, he (my son) would have only suffered minor burns,” the boy’s father told Chinese TV.

Henan Metropolitan News Channel Footage showed the nurse drying three children in the neonatal intensive care unit after a shower

Henan Metropolitan News Channel But she idly left the appliance on next to them, badly burning one of the children

His grandmother added: “The baby has become disabled just four days after birth. What’s his future going to be like?”

Two other babies also suffered minor burns but they have reportedly been treated.

The nurse and her colleagues claimed they thought the piece of equipment was turned off before she left the room.

Henan Metropolitan News Channel Doctors said the baby was so badly burned that his skin was cracking

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.