INVESTIGATORS looking into the disappearance of flight MH370 say they have discovered a 90kg load that was only added to the cargo list after take-off.
French engineer Ghyslain Wattrelos, who lost his wife and two of his three children in the crash, submitted a new report detailing the claims to investigative judges in Paris last week.
He says a container on the flight was also found to be overloaded but no explanation was ever established.
Four French citizens were lost on MH370, and France is the only country with an investigation into the incident still ongoing.
“It was… learned that a mysterious load of 89kg had been added to the flight list after take-off,” Wattrelos told Le Parisien.
“A container was also overloaded, without anyone knowing why.
“The expert draws no conclusion.
“It may be incompetence or manipulation. Everything is possible.
“This will be part of the questions for Malaysians.”
He also said different versions of the flight’s passenger list contradicted each other.
Flight 370 disappeared on March 8, 2014, en route from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing with 239 people on board.
Just 38 minutes into the flight, MH370 lost contact with Malaysia Airlines.
The disappearance has been dubbed one of the greatest mysteries in aviation history.
The search for the missing plane, which became the most costly ever conducted, initially focused on the South China and Andaman seas.
Data from the aircraft’s automated communications later identified a possible crash site somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean, but no wreckage could be found.
Malaysian and international investigators believe the jet veered thousands of miles off course from its scheduled route before eventually plunging into the Indian Ocean.
Likely locations for the airliner could be tracked by knowing the distance from the fixed satellite, but estimates would also change depending on how fast the plane was flying and in which direction after its last known position.
If it was flying north then possible locations could stretch as far as the border between Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to Thailand.
But if it was flying south possible sites could range from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.
MOST READ IN WORLD NEWS
So far debris believed to be from the plane have been found on beaches in Malaysia, Mozambique, and Tanzania, and authorities now believe the plane is most likely to have gone down in the Indian Ocean.
More than 30 bits of aircraft debris have been collected from various places around the world but only three wing fragments that washed up along the Indian Ocean coast have been confirmed to be from MH370.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.