VALENTINES Day is here, and some people suffering with writer’s block may be struggling to find the words to let their loved one know how they truly feel.
But when in doubt, it can be good to get Valentine’s inspiration from some of the most memorable love stories in movies and books.
If you are looking for some romantic quotes for your other half, you could do worse than taking inspiration from The Notebook[/caption]
What are the most popular movie quotes about love?
- Moulin Rouge – “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.”
- The Notebook – “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird”.
- The Notebook – “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.”
- 50 First Dates – “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.”
- Notting Hill – “I’m Also Just A Girl, Standing In Front Of A Boy, Asking Him To Love Her.”
When Harry Met Sally also had some of the most favourite movie quotes[/caption]
- When Harry Met Sally – “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- Love Actually – “To me, you are perfect.”
- The Silver Linings Playbook – “The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.”
- Gone With The Wind – “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
- Pride and Prejudice – “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.”
- Juno – “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.”
- My Best Friend’s Wedding – “Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy.”
- The Great Gatsby – “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.”
Who can forget Moulin Rouge’s romantic line of ‘The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return’[/caption]
What are the most popular book quotes about love?
- BrokeBack Mountain – “I wish I knew how to quit you.”
- Les Miserables – “To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”
- Adam Bede – “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life–to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?”
- Anna Karenina – “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.”
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
- Wuthering Heights – “My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I’m well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He’s always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being. So don’t talk of our separation again: it is impracticable.”
- The Great Gatsby – “He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips’ touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.”
- Winnie the Pooh – “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.”
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin – “When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No … don’t blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? But it is!”