Home Sport Liverpool owners FSG make transfer decision against Jurgen Klopp's wishes

Liverpool owners FSG make transfer decision against Jurgen Klopp's wishes

2
0

Liverpool chiefs are not keen on making substantial signings in the next window despite manager Jurgen Klopp wanting to add depth to his squad, according to transfer expert Duncan Castles. Klopp has spearheaded Liverpool’s first ever Premier League title win at a canter this season.

The Reds are 23 points clear of second-placed Manchester City and clinched the title with a record-breaking seven games of the campaign remaining.

Klopp wants to add to his squad in the upcoming window to build on the success he has already achieved.

But Castles claims Liverpool owners, Fenway Sports Group, believe their team are so far ahead of the competition that they do not need to invest in the squad.

Castles said on the Transfer Window podcast: “I think the issue they face here [about dominating English football] is that Fenway Sports Group are looking at 23 points ahead at the moment, they’re looking at the potential of putting a record points total up in the Premier League and they’re saying: ‘We’re miles better than the opposition, we won the European Cup last year, we’ve invested a lot of money in the squad, we’ve pushed the wage bill up and up and up, we’ve been hit by Covid-19 and we’ve said that our finances are in danger by Covid-19’.

JUST IN: Man Utd may have signed the perfect player ahead of Norwich City FA Cup tie

The statement read: “Throughout the last week, Liverpool Football Club, Merseyside Police, Liverpool City Council and Spirit of Shankly have worked together to consistently remind people that the region is still disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and ask people to celebrate LFC’s Premier League title win safely.

“Several thousand people turned up at the Pier Head on Friday June 26 and some chose to ignore the social distancing guidance and risk public safety.

“Our city is still in a public health crisis and this behaviour is wholly unacceptable.

“The potential danger of a second peak of COVID-19 still exists and we need to work together to make sure we don’t undo everything that has been achieved as a region during lockdown.

“When it is safe to do so, we will all work together to arrange a victory parade when everyone can come together to celebrate. Until that time, the safety of our city and our people continues to be our number one priority.”

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here