News of the alleged clandestine site came after Tehran said it had missiles with the range of up to 2,000 km (1242 miles), which puts Israel and US military bases in the region within reach. Iran’s Revolutionary Guards inaugurated a surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 1,000 km (621 miles), the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Thursday. The announcement ignored Western demands that Tehran halt its missile program.
Meanwhile an Israeli report claimed Iran, Syria and Hezbollah are constructing a missile factory on the outskirts of the Syrian town of Satifa.
Israel’s strategy is to make efforts to thwart the construction and success of the factory, which is supposedly where Iran will turn Hezbollah’s missiles into precision-guided munitions, capable of striking targets in the Jewish state, the report stated.
The Israeli report claimed a front organisation named “Anas Group” was created to purchase materials from Italy, China and other Asian nations.
It also alleged the factory is currently run by Jamal Said, said to be a known figure in the field of missile production in the Middle East.
READ MORE: Iran THREATENS Israel
Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu said one of the sites was inside a soccer stadium belonging to the Lebanese terrorist group.
He claimed there was a second site in Hariri International Airport and a third 500 metres from the airport’s runway in the heart of the Ma’aganah residential neighbourhood.
In a chilling message to Iran, The Jerusalem Post reported Mr Netanyahu as saying: “Israel knows what you’re doing, and Israel knows where you’re doing it.
“What Iran hides, Israel will find.”
The ramped-up rhetoric comes amid a fiery exchange of words between the two Middle Eastern nations after a wave of controversial Iranian-targeted airstrikes in Syria last month.
Israel’s IDF military accepted responsibility for the strikes, saying they were to protect its troubled borders and combat Iranian influence in the region.
In response to the strikes Iran has vowed a “crushing” response.
Ali Shamkhani, the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), told Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al Muallem in Tehran on Tuesday: “In case of continued acts, the measures foreseen for deterrence and for a crushing and proportional response will be activated.”
But Mr Netanyahu fired back, saying: “We are operating both against Iran and against the Syrian forces that are abetting Iranian aggression.”