Family dog left fighting for life after swallowing Nintendo computer game

0
50


A FAMILY’S pet dog was left on the brink of death after he swallowed a whole Nintendo game.

Rocco the Staffordshire Bull Terrier was left fighting for his life after eating the cartridge, designed to be used with a handheld ’90s DS console.

Rocco nearly died after swallowing a Nintendo game
PA:Press Association
This is what vets found in Rocco’s intestine
PA:Press Association

His owner, Sean Johnston, from Glasgow, took the four-year-old to the vets after he began vomiting and refusing to eat in February.

The 27-year-old, who adopted Rocco six months ago, assumed he had eaten a corn-on-the-cob or something similar.

But when an X-ray revealed a rectangular object in his small intestine, he was left puzzled.

“He wasn’t acting himself at all,” Sean said.

“But we were shocked when the vet said it was from a video game.”

EMERGENCY SURGERY

The dog needed to have emergency surgery and spent a night in hospital, on the brink of death.

Left untreated, the cartridge could have caused a fatal blockage or pierced his organs.

Luckily, he has since made a full recovery and is back to his old, cheeky self.

Who knows how long it’s been there?


Sean Johnston

But Sean says he and his family don’t own a Nintendo console and they have no idea where Rocco may have got hold of it.

He added: “We don’t own a Nintendo or anything like that so we were baffled as to where he got it from.

“He’s a rescue dog and we’ve only had him for about six months, so the only thing we can think of is that it was from his previous owners.

“Who knows how long it’s been there.

“Even though we haven’t had him that long, he’s already such a big part of the family, so we’re delighted to have him back home.

“He’s made a brilliant recovery.”

Rocco recovering in hospital
PA:Press Association
The X-ray which revealed the game lodged inside Rocco’s intestine
PA:Press Association

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here