A new season of action is coming to Diablo 3 on PS4, Xbox One and PC tomorrow, May 17.
Fans can expect a host of new seasonal rewards to be available to earn, as well as special Legendary item updates.
The new Diablo 3 Season of Nightmares has a start date set for May 17 but the release times will differ depending on what platform you play on.
The good news for PC players is that Blizzard will launch Diablo season 17 at the same time for all gamers.
Instead of players in Europe seeing the new seasonal rewards released in the middle of the night, Blizzard will launch them at 5pm, wherever you live.
So on the PC platform Season 17 begins Friday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. PST in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.
Unfortunately for console players, Season 17 will be launching later in Europe on PS4 and Xbox One.
According to the latest update from Blizzard, the Season of Nightmares will not start until Saturday, May 18 in the UK for console players.
“Seasons go live for all console players globally Friday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, regardless of which regional version of the game you may have,” Blizzard confirms in a new statement.
“Please note that Seasonal Leaderboards for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch are still separate by hardware platform.”
The good news is that Diablo 3 Season 17 is set to run for months, meaning you will have plenty of time to catch up.
“We are no longer providing anticipated end dates for Seasons,” Blizzard adds.
“However, we are committed to keeping Seasons roughly three months in length (give or take a few weeks based on development needs) and will continue to provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice for when the Season will be ending.”
When it comes to the new Season Journey, there will be new a Class Set for those who complete specific chapters.
“Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!
“The set you will receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character.”
Haedrig’s Gift sets as confirmed by Blizzard for Diablo 3 Season 17:
- Barbarian – Might of the Earth
- Crusader – Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter – The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monk – Monkey King’s Garb
- Necromancer – Grace of Inarius
- Witch Doctor – Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard – Firebird’s Finery
Reaching the Conqueror tier will offer the usual rewards of stash tabs, with the following tasks needing to be completed:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55
- All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season
- Show Me What You Got: Kill Diablo at level 70 in under 1 minute and 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item
Season 17 will also feature cosmetic rewards, some of which will be returning for the first time.
Blizzard has confirmed that awards originally available in Season 5 will be available for Season 17 by progressing through the Season Journey.
A new cosmetic item will also be awarded to Players who complete all nine chapters of the Season Journey which has been confirmed as the Galactic Wings.