PHILIPPE COUTINHO has dealt Manchester United and Chelsea a blow by ruling out a return to Premier League as he insists his future lies in Barcelona.
The 26-year-old has struggled for form since joining the Catalan club from Liverpool for £142million last year, leading to speculation he could be on his way back to England.
Despite featuring in 44 games for Barca this season, the Brazilian international isn’t a regular starter at the Nou Camp.
But the ex-Inter Milan midfielder has revealed he has no plans to leave in the summer as he targets more trophies with the Blaugrana.
Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, Coutinho said: “This is my second season here. I have won titles but I am always an ambitious and demanding player.
“So, I want more and more. But I’m happy. I wanted to play in Spain and I’m at the best club in Spain.”
While he also added: “My head is exclusively in Barcelona.
“Returning to England now does not fit into my plans.”
Coutinho – who has chipped in with 10 goals and five assists this campaign – will return to England imminently as Barca face United in the Champions League on Wednesday.
LATEST MAN UTD NEWS
Speaking of the clash against the Red Devils, he said: “If they boo myself and Luis Suarez then that’s normal at Old Trafford because of the team we used to play for. But it won’t make any difference to me.
“And, even more than that, it is an incentive to play better and to be even more focused.
“I know that games against Manchester United are special. I learned what they meant during my time at Liverpool when we lived it so intensely with the fans.”