TONY FERGUSON revealed he was offered a fight by the UFC – and hinted it could be against Conor McGregor.
Ex-UFC interim lightweight champion Ferguson, 35, has not fought since beating Anthony Pettis in October on the undercard of Khabib Nurmagomedov’s win against McGregor, 30.
“El Cucuy” was reportedly offered an interim lightweight shot against Max Holloway at UFC 236 – but turned it down due to personal problems – with Dustin Poirier swooping in and claiming the belt.
However, the 35-year-old Californian revealed on Twitter he was offered a fight before UFC 236 and hinted it could be against “McNugget” aka McGregor.
Ferguson said: “I Was Offered A Fight Last Week Before #UFC236. Guess Who? That Means I Don’t Need Additional Clearance. Bring It On – Champ S*** Only.
“McNugget Monday: In Snap Down City Anything Can Happen Oldie But Goodie Champ S*** Only.”
Ferguson, though, is not the only person who suggested they could fight McGregor upon the Irishman’s octagon return.
Justin Gaethje, who is coming off a stunning first round KO against Edson Barboza, suggested McGregor was stalling on a fight offer.
Gaethje’s manager Ali Abdelaziz, who also works with Nurmagomedov and has a long standing personal feud with The Notorious, confirmed a fight offer had been sent.
Most Read in UFC
Abdelaziz said: “Yo, McTapper. You’re offered to fight (Gaethje), you going to man up and fight, or your soul still hurting from that a** whipping?
“Justin will take you to a different level of deep waters.”
The ‘a** whipping’ Abdelaziz refers to is the four round defeat McGregor suffered against lightweight champ Nurmagomedov at UFC 236 – the last time either fighter competed.