Conor McGregor vows to box again after Mayweather loss with UFC return announcement ‘soon’

Conor McGregor vows to box again after Mayweather loss with UFC return announcement ‘soon’

CONOR McGREGOR has revealed he plans to box again in the future after claiming he receives offers to step back inside the squared circle every week

Nintendo Switch UPDATE: Shock news coming in 2019? Major announcement soon
Bayern accuse German national team of trying to sabotage their Liverpool clash with timing of Muller, Boateng and Hummels axing announcement
Cyberpunk 2077 NEWS: CD Projekt makes the announcement fans have been waiting for


CONOR McGREGOR has revealed he plans to box again in the future after claiming he receives offers to step back inside the squared circle every week.

The 30-year-old lost in his only boxing contest in August 2017 after he was stopped in tenth round against Floyd Mayweather at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

UFC star Conor McGregor has vowed to box again in the future
Splash News

McGregor pocketed a reported £73,824,300 from the bout against the 1996 Olympic bronze medallist, but he has stressed he would only return to boxing for the love of the game.

Speaking to Complex Sports on his chances of stepping back inside the ring, he said: “Never say never, but right now I’m focusing on my family, MMA training, Proper No. Twelve Irish whiskey, and several other business ventures.

“I will surely box again, but timing is not determined by me now.”

When asked who he would love to face, he added: “That is a very good question. Time will tell. We get requests and offers every week, as everyone would love a ‘red panty’ night with me so they can line their pockets with cash.

McGregor, 30, lost in his only boxing match in August 2017 against Floyd Mayweather
Getty – Contributor

“For me, I already have the money, so we fight now for the love of the game. Money is important but not the key driver for me.”

McGregor is currently suspended by the UFC following his part in the post-fight brawl in the aftermath of his defeat against Khabib Nurmagomedov.

But he is free to fight again after April 6, with the Notorious teasing fans of an announcement on his future coming very soon.

He said: “I have been training and am ready to step back in the Octagon. My fans are ready, and I hope to share an announcement soon.”


While also adding: “Right now, I’m focused on my training to get back into the Octagon. I can’t tell you how soon that will be, but I can tell you I am ready and don’t hold your breath.”

Asked whether his next fight would be a rematch against Khabib, he said: “Not quite sure at this moment who my next opponent will be.

“I will be prepared for anything Dana White and the UFC throw at me.”

McGregor proved earlier this week he is Notorious in the ring as well as out of it after he was arrested in Miami following an altercation with a fan.

The southpaw is alleged to have knocked the person’s phone out of his hand, before stomping on it several times, picking it up and then walking away.

He was charged with strong-arm robbery and misdemeanour criminal mischief, and is being sued for more than £11,000 by 22-year-old Ahmed Abdirzak.

//players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0