THERE’s a real Irish flavour to day three at Cheltenham Festival as the racecourse celebrates St Patrick’s Day.
With the famous Guinness Village open for business, it’s sure to be a jovial day on course for the punters.
And the racing lives up to the billing, with three Grade 1 contests to look forward to.
Here’s all you need to know ahead of DAY THREE.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download ahead of the Cheltenham Festival, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
St Patrick’s Day race card
TODAY is all about the distance – with three races above three miles.
Here are the encounters you’ll be able to enjoy on day three of this year’s Festival.
- 13.30 The JLT Novices’ Chase
- 14.10 The Pertemps Network Final
- 14.50 The Ryanair Steeple Chase
- 15.30 The Sun Racing Stayers’ Hurdle
- 16.10 The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate
- 16.50 The Trull House Stud Mares Novices’ Hurdle
- 17.30 The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU will be able to watch every minute of the action live on ITV Racing.
Coverage will run throughout each of the four days, starting in the morning and going right through to the final race at 5.30.
PLAY THE SUN RACING CHELTENHAM PREDICTOR GAME AND YOU COULD WIN A SHARE OF £10K
What is the Cheltenham 2019 schedule?
EACH day gets underway at 1.30pm.
There are seven races throughout the afternoon, each starting 40 minutes after the next.