GOLD CUP DAY is the final and most exciting day of the Cheltenham Festival.
It’s the day when the cream of the crop plays its hand in the biggest staying race of them all.
Gold Cup Day is always very popular with racing fans.
With three Grade 1 contests – as well as the much-loved Foxhunters – there’s plenty for everyone.
Native River was successful in last year’s main event and he promises to put up a bold show once again.
Here’s all you need to know ahead of DAY FOUR.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download ahead of the Cheltenham Festival, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
Gold Cup Day racecard
Here are the races you’ll be able to enjoy on day four of this year’s Festival.
- 13.30 The JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 14.10 The Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle
- 14.50 The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- 15.30 The Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 16.10 The St. James’s Place Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup
- 16.50 The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
- 17.30 The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
PLAY THE SUN RACING CHELTENHAM PREDICTOR GAME AND YOU COULD WIN A SHARE OF £10K
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU will be able to watch every minute of the action live on ITV Racing.
Coverage will run throughout each of the four days, starting in the morning and going right through to the final race at 5.30.
As well as the usual commentary and analysis, there will be plenty of focus on the blue riband event.
Racing TV will also have the full cards live on each day.
What is the Cheltenham 2019 schedule?
Each day gets underway at 1.30pm.
There are seven races throughout the afternoon, each starting 40 minutes after the next.