NH CHALLENGE CUP
- Only one winner has been 10 or older, five-year-olds struggle
- First-three finish last time has been a plus
- Look north of 146 in official ratings
- A previous Festival run is a bonus
THE age trends don’t help us this year as the whole field is aged six to nine.
But the first-three finish last time does get rid of a few — Beyond The Law, Clondaw Cian, Discorama, Gun Digger, Johanos, Just Your Type, Le Breuil and Mulcahys Hill.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download ahead of the Cheltenham Festival, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
Next we’ll apply the official ratings trend and look for horses above 146.
That cuts out Impulsive Star, Plantagenet, Skipthecuddles, Warthog and Atlanta Ablaze.
That leaves with five — Ballyward, Chef Des Obeaux, Jerrysback, Ok Corral and Whisperinthebreeze.
PLAY THE SUN RACING CHELTENHAM PREDICTOR GAME AND YOU COULD WIN A SHARE OF £10K
A decent run at the Festival before is a back factor and a negative for Chef Des Obeaux who was pulled up last year. Jerrysback and Whisperinthebreeze have not run at the meeting before.
That leaves us with the big two in the betting — Ballyward and OK Corral.
There’s very little to split them but the slightly stronger record of seven-year-olds means we’ll go for BALLYWARD.
National Hunt Chase trends tip
Ballyward (Click here to compare the best prices and place your bet)