FRED WINTER HURDLE
- Look for three career runs over hurdles
- Horses with more than one hurdles win fare poorly
- Stick below 11st 5lb in weights
- Look for a run within the past month
WEIGHT plays an important part in this with the top seven with too much weight in the saddle.
That’s Torpillo, Fine Brunello, Band Of Outlaws, Cracker Factory, Chief Justice and Got Trumped.
Fanfan De Seuil, Our Power, Zizaneur, Dogon and La Sorelita have had too many runs over hurdles to win this.
Prabeni has two hurdles wins to his name, which is an issue for the Fred Winter.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download ahead of the Cheltenham Festival, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
Eight of the past 10 winners had been on the course within a month so Fox Pro, Ciel De Neight, Oi The Club Oi’s and King D’Argent have a negative there.
Only one of the past 10 winners was above 133 in the official ratings, which is a worry for Beat The Judge and Coko Beach.
PLAY THE SUN RACING CHELTENHAM PREDICTOR GAME AND YOU COULD WIN A SHARE OF £10K
That has reduced the field to four — Lethal Steps, Star Max, Praeceps and Maze Runner.
A good run at Graded level last time has been a plus and PRACEPS was third in the Adonis at Kempton last time and looks a big each-way price at around 20-1.
Champion Chase trends tip
PRAECEPS (Click here to compare the best prices and place your bet)