- Five and six-year-olds fare best
- Nine of past 10 winners were rated 134-139
- Last-time winners have a poor record
- Handicap debutants struggle
WE’LL stick with five and six-year-olds in this cavalry charge and eliminate Mohaayed, Western Ryder, Ch’tibello, Leoncavallo, Mister Fizz, Pingshou, Sternrubin, Capitaine, Cut The Mustard, Countister, High Expectations, Magic Dancer, Brex Drago and Chieftain’s Choice.
Next we’ll cross out We Have A Dream and Crooks Peak as last-time winners have a modest record.
We’ll focus on horses in the golden ratings back of 134-139 that has produced the past nine winners.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
So we’ll overlook Mr Adjudicator, Lisp, Whiskey Sour and Mitchouka at the top end and Monsieur Lecoq, Thistle Do Nicely and Ar Mest.
That leaves a shortlist of Éclair Du Beaufeau, Due Reward and Storm Rising. It’s asking a lot for the latter to come here just six days after his last run.
Of the remaining pair, ÉCLAIR DU BEAUFEU just gets the nod after a solid fourth on handicap debut last time.
County Hurdle trends tip
ÉCLAIR DU BEAUFEU (Click here to compare the best prices and place your bet)