ALBERT BARTLETT HURDLE
- Finishing first or second last time is plus
- Six and seven-year-olds do best
- A Graded run last time is a must
- A win over 3m+ is important
FIRST we’ll cross out any horse that wasn’t first or second last time — Aye Aye Charlie, Darlac, Dinons, Dorrells Pierji, First Approach, Rockpoing, Alsa Mix and Salsaretta.
Nine of the past 10 winners were aged six or seven so Allaho, Birchdale, Commander Of Fleet, Derrinross and Nadaitak are the next to go.
It’s a must to have run in a Graded race last time which is bad news for Cap York and Dickie Diver.
Download the new Sun Racing app today
THE new Sun Racing app is here – and it's sent the bookies running for cover.
The brilliant new app, which is free to download, features:
- Best Odds – our odds comparison tool keeps the bookies honest
- Predictor – rank the field by 18 different categories, such as weight, draw, career prize money and jockey wins
- Tips & news – get a steer from the best tipsters in the business in our news tab
Head over to the App Store to download it for free.
A win over at least 3m under Rules is important so Minella Indo, Rhinestone and Stoney Mountain fall by the wayside.
That leaves us with a battle between Ask Ben and Lisnagar Oscar.
The former is trading at around 33-1 so is worth a small saver but LISNAGAR OSCAR was impressive when winning a Haydock Grade 2 last time and should run well.
Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle trends tip
LISNAGAR OSCAR (Click here to compare the best prices and place your bet)