TODAY is National Unicorn Day. Yes, really.
And to help you celebrate these mythical creatures, I have gathered some of the best edible magical treats money can buy. Feast your eyes on these…
- UNICORN NUGGETS AND RAINBOW WAFFLES: Iceland has taken things to another level with brightly coloured Birds Eye Rainbow Mini Waffles (534g), £2, launched in-store last week. Each pack contains four flavours: mash potato, sweet potato, pea and beetroot. Serve with Bernard Matthews’ unicorn-shaped turkey nuggets for an even more magical dinner. You get ten in a pack, and they are currently on offer at Iceland for £1.50, down from £2. SAVE: 50p.
- MAGICAL NIBBLES: B&M is your go-to place for unicorn-inspired snacks. Choose either chocolate cream-filled mini Fressers Unicorn Bites — six snack-size packs for £1 — or jelly bean-style Unicorn Sparkle Drops now 69p, down from £1. SAVE: 31p.
- DREAMY DESSERTS: There are plenty of unicorn-inspired treats for those with a sweet tooth but my favourite has to be Mr Kipling Six Unicorn Slices from Asda, on offer for £1, down from £1.60. I also love Muller’s brand-new Unicorner, a pink vanilla yoghurt with metallic decorations for £2, also from Asda. SAVE: 60p.
- GIN PEAKS: If you are looking to add a touch of magic to your drinks, get Aldi’s McQueen Colour Changing Gin for £19.99 and watch the colour change from blue to pink.
- DIY TREATS: Make your own magical, horned cookies using a unicorn metal cookie cutter from Hobbycraft for £1.50. Decorate with pastel-coloured unicorn-shaped sprinklers from Tesco for £1.
- Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of the day
TAKE control of haircuts with the Philips Series 7000 hair clipper with motorised combs. Now £32 at amazon.co.uk, down from £70.
INDULGE in a tasty Cadbury Boost Fully Boosted ice cream from Iceland, now £2 for a pack of four. Was £3.
My Sun Savers fiver
DAVID McNALTY, from Alfreton, Derbys, says: “I’m saving my fivers to pay for my gym membership to get in shape ready for my Sun Hol.”
- Tell us your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
IMPRESS BBQ guests with Aldi’s rattan-effect corner sofa garden furniture for a quarter of the price of John Lewis’s almost identical version.
Reader’s saving tip
JACKIE LINES, from Leeds, says: “To keep fruit and veg fresher for longer, wrap it in kitchen paper and then pop in a plastic bag in the fridge. They really do keep much longer.”
- Tell us your tips at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
CHANGE up your veggie sides with Vegable’s new sweet potato bites, edamame burgers and falafel bites, available from Sainsbury’s for £2. RRP £2.25.
Hot right now
GRAB a free ice cream thanks to Ben & Jerry’s annual Free Cone Day. Head to Ben & Jerry’s scoop shops between midday and 8pm to claim your treat.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY TIPS
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.