Brit tourist left with glass ‘embedded’ in leg after shower door EXPLODES on TUI holiday

0
33


A BRITISH tourist has told of her TUI ‘holiday hell’ after a shower door exploded leaving her with glass ’embedded’ in her leg

Lauren Blakeman, 28, claims her holiday in Turkey was ruined by the mysterious and sudden shattering of her shower’s door.

A British holidaymaker has described her horror after a shower door “exploded” in her TUI hotel room, almost leaving her scarred for life
Mirrorpix

She claims the ordeal left her with glass stuck in her left foot, and painful wounds to her leg and arm.

Speaking to the Mirror Online, Lauren described how the door exploded just as she opened it for her evening shower.

She said: “Luckily my partner was in the apartment at the time and placed pillows and towels down on the floor as I was barefoot.”

I pulled the shower door aside, but it exploded.


Lauren Blakeman

TUI said it was “very sorry” to hear about the holidaymaker’s experience, and that it would be in contact with her about her “injury claim”.

The bizarre event occurred at the four-star Julian Club Hotel in Marmaris, Turkey, in September.

Hotel staff gave the couple a new room.

TUI reportedly told the news outlet it was “very sorry” to hear about the holidaymaker’s experience, and that it would be in contact with her about her “injury claim”.

The company allegedly put down the incident to “hot weather”.

Lauren claims she has had to chase the company up to proceed with an official complaint.

In emails seen by the Mirror Online, the angry tourist sent TUI details of the accident and photos.

Lauren continued: “I was told it would take 28 days so I waited. I then had to ring and chase it up.


“When I spoke to an adviser, I was told they hadn’t received anything so I had to re-send everything.”

She added: “Just one week ago, I had an email saying there was a lack of evidence of the incident.

The Sun Online has approached both TUI and the hotel where the accident happened for comment.

A separate incident involving TUI holidays in August saw a family’s holiday ruined when their hotel ceiling collapsed.

Lauren Blakeman, 28, says her holiday in Turkey was ruined after the glass shattered everywhere one evening
Mirrorpix
The woman, from Oldbury, West Midlands, shared images of her injured leg
Mirrorpix

//players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here