THE stunt double for Avengers muscle man Chris Hemsworth has revealed the secret to carving abs of steel.
Bobby Holland Hanton, who has doubled for the Thor actor for seven years, has developed the perfect workout routine throughout a career of stunting for Hollywood heroes.
Bobby Holland Hanton, left, and Chis Hemsworth look identical in this on-set snap[/caption]
Thor star Hemsworth has launched a new fitness app called Centr[/caption]
Athlete Bobby – a former gymnastics champion – has mastered everything from scuba diving to kickboxing, parkour to acrobatics and trampolining to the 25m high dive.
He has performed stunts for Daniel Craig in Bond film Quantum of Solace and Christian Bale in The Dark Knight Rises.
Now the chiselled daredevil is sharing his core workout with the world after Hemsworth launched his personalised digital health and fitness app Centr.
The pair came up with a set of five crucial exercises – each of which should be performed back-to-back for 20-30 seconds.
Once all five are completed, you rest for one minute before repeating the sequence three or four times.
The glutes, quads and hamstrings will be bulked up by mastering the Air Squat.
Bobby demonstrates an Air Squat that workouts big muscle groups[/caption]
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, your toes turned out slightly and your arms resting at your sides
- Engage your abdominal muscles and broaden across your chest by gently pulling your shoulder blades in towards each other
- Bend your knees slowing, pushing your weight though your heels until your knees are in line with your toes
- Bring your arms out in front of your chest to stabilise yourself before standing back up to the starting position
The Pulse Plank is an advanced version of the regular plank and used by models, athletes and movie stars to develop a tight core.
Bobby gets down into the pulse plank position[/caption]
- Starting in the forearm plank position on the floor, keep your back straight and bum tucked in
- With your forearms locked, pulse your body forward until you are on the tips of your toes and your shoulders raise almost above your wrists
- Revert back the starting position and repeat the drill
Medicine Ball Wood Chop
Using a medicine ball, dumbbell or kettlebell this rotational exercise promises to build strong muscles and whole body stability.
The successful stuntman hauls a medicine balls above his head before complete wood chop exercises[/caption]
- Stand tall and hold a medicine ball with both hands at chest height
- Squat down, keeping your chest up, and bring the ball straight down and tap it on the ground to the right of your body
- Stand and twist your torso as far as possible bringing the ball up and above your opposite shoulder
- Return to the starting position and complete the exercise on the other side
Sculpt your arms and shoulders while building whole body strength, balance and coordination with bear crawls.
The Thor double shows off the bear crawl workout routine[/caption]
- Crouch down with hands in front of you shoulder-width apart and feet behind you with hips up in the air and eyes forward
- Crawl forward starting with your right hand and your left foot following with the left hand and the right foot.
- Take four steps or more depending on space, then turn around and bear walk back
most read in sun men
Arch Hold Swims
Back muscles can be moulded and posture corrected with Arch Hold Swim exercises – which also boost your glutes and core
In the fifth and final exercise Bobby adopts a Peter Pan pose on the floor[/caption]
- Adopt the Peter Pan position on the floor by lying flat and raising your feet up and arms spread out
- Tense you abs and glutes and start to bring your hands towards your face while bending your elbows
- Straighten your arms to sweep out your hands on either side and bring them back up to face
- This exercise only works if you are hovering throughout
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.