EASTER is almost here, and if you want to celebrate with a glass or two of wine, we’ve found the perfect deal for you.
Asda has announced the return of its mega 25 per cent off deal when you buy six bottles of selected wines.
And you’ll be spoilt for choice with over 500 bottles of red, white, sparkling and rosé wine included.
The promotional offer is available in Asda stores nationwide (except Scotland).
The deal is running until Monday April 22, so there’s plenty of time to stock up on your favourite tipple.
Great savings include over £50 off if you buy six bottles of Taittinger Brut Prestige Rosé (currently £35.00).
Normally the case would set you back £210, but under the deal it would cost just £157.50 – a total saving of £52.50.
Also included in the offer is the Decanter and IWC awarded Extra Special Yarra Valley Pinot Noir.
Perfect to pair with roast lamb – this normally costs £9 a bottle.
With the 25 per cent off offer you can pick up six bottles for £40.50 – saving you £13.50.
If white wine is more your thing, the Extra Special Chablis (currently £12.00) is also included in the offer.
Six bottles will cost you just £54 – a saving of £18.
5 easy ways to cut your booze costs
Wine doesn't have to break the bank, here are some quick tips to slash the cost every time:
- Be aware of marketing tricks: A supermarket’s job is to make us spend, so don’t fall for the tricks. Often great bargains are hidden on the bottom shelves so make sure your hunt high and low for a deal.
- Don’t be a supermarket snob: Aldi and Lidl have decent, award-winning wine at really good prices. Try taste testing various supermarkets and make a note of the bargains you love so you can fine them again
- Be wary of duty free: You might think you’re getting a bargain in duty free but you may find the same wine cheaper elsewhere.
- Buy in bulk: Buying wine in cases will often give you the best value for your money. Look out for deals in supermarkets which give you 25 per cent off when buying 6 bottles.
- Download the wine app Vivino: You can take a photo of any wine label and it will compare prices for you.
You can mix and match your wines from the huge range on offer, which includes 750ml and 1.5l bottles costing £4 and above.
Just make sure that you’re buying in multiples of six to take advantage of the deal.
The offer does exclude gift sets, fortified wine like Port and meal deal wines, so check the labelling carefully before you get to the till.
There are 639 Asdas throughout the UK, and you can find your nearest one here.
You can also take advantage of the 25 per cent off deal with selected bundles included online.
It doesn’t look like you can mix and match bottles – but we did find a whopping 60 bundles available.
Some of the best bargains included:
- Six bottles of Taittinger for £126 (saving £42) – buy now
- A case of Montagne Saint Emillon for £36 (saving £12) – buy now
- Moet & Chandon Rosé Imperial Champagne Brut bundle for £157.50 (saving £52.50) – buy now
- Six bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for £36 (saving £12) – buy now
- The Asda “our favourite wines” bundle, which includes red, white and prosecco for £31.12 (saving £10.38) – buy now.
MORE ON MONEY STORIES
Lidl has launched new range of fizz – and bottles start at £5.99.
Sparkling wine sales in the UK have dropped for the first time in five years as nation passed ‘peak prosecco’.
No Deal Brexit tariffs mean more expensive imported cars, steak and cheese – but could lead to cheaper wine!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 78 24516. Don’t forget to join the Sun Money’s Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.