Apple recalls UK wall plug adapters over electric shock fears

0
40



Apple has recalled its UK plug adapters after warning there’s a risk of some causing electric shocks. The tech giant said that “in rare cases” its AC wall plugs sold between 2003 and 2010 can break open.

It warned this could leave people at risk of getting a shock if they then touched the exposed metal components.

The Telegraph understands Apple instituted the recall after being made aware of six incidents with the adapters worldwide.

The two-part adapters, which were also sold in Hong Kong and Singapore, were shipped with Apple’s Mac desktop and laptops, some iPhones, iPods and iPads, as well as in the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit.

In a blog published yesterday, the company said: “Customer safety is always Apple’s top priority, and we have voluntarily decided to exchange affected wall plug adapters with a new adapter, free of charge.

“We encourage customers to exchange their wall plug adapter using the process below.”

The recalled adapters are white three-prong wall plugs with a slot on the back where it attaches to an Apple power adapter.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here