Apex Legends is getting new Legends in the future, and they may be released with some other more surprising content.
Data miners have already found evidence of some potentially big changes coming to the game and they will be focusing on today’s update to see if they can find more.
As many fans will already know, Respawn Entertainment’s new Battle Royale game will see its first Season go live in March.
And Season 1 of Apex Legends will be a big one, adding new loot, weapons and characters to unlock.
Each season will run for approximately three months, with four announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2019.
The Battle Pass will be a big part of the new seasonal system and will reward players with exclusive cosmetic items.
These rewards are a mix of exclusive seasonal cosmetics and Apex Packs.
The good news is that every player can unlock some of these items each season through normal play; those who choose to purchase the Battle Pass can earn everything available that season, around 100 different rewards.
You can unlock new characters in the store by collecting 12,000 Legend Tokens and more will look set to be added next March.
From what has been shared by Respawn so far, these new Legends will be unlockable through normal pay and will not be paywalled by the seasonal pass.
But could we see more than just what has been confirmed by Respawn arrive in March too?
Data miners believe they have found information connected to new vehicles being added to the game.
A new Hoverbike has been found for Apex Legends, complete with files that suggest it isn’t far from release completion.
There’s currently no way of knowing if this new item will be released during Season 1, or if it something that is being saved for later.
A new Apex Legends update went live today and will no doubt be a focal point for data miners wanting to find more clues.
There’s no mention of a Hoverbike in the new patch notes, so we can rule out its launch in the immediate future.
The new Apex Legends update may not include new characters or the Hoverbike, but it does add some new cosmetic items.
Apex fans can now unlock a “Live Die Live” Banner Badge, which is earned by reviving a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19.
There is also new Valentines Day cosmetic items in the store which will be live and available until February 19.
Full patch notes on all the big changes can be found below for PS4, Xbox and PC players:
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- The extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a grey screen in the lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number of bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the PlayStation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.