BUSHTUCKER Trials are feared by celebrities but loved by viewers who get to watch unlucky campmates gag, retch and scream their way through them to try and win food for the camp.
The show may be in its 17th series, but the reality show proves that the nation still has an insatiable appetite for watching famous people degrade themselves on camera or go hungry as Ant and Dec giggle and wince in the background. So what does tonight’s trial involve?
Rex Features 2
Who is doing the Bushtucker Trial tonight and what does it involve?
The celebrities now decide between themselves who will being doing the trial.
It was decided that Jennie McAlpine and Iain Lee will tackle TONIGHT’s trial (December 7, 2017) to win food for the camp.
They will attempt the Deadly Departure Lounge.
Rex Features 2 Kezia took on The Battle For 10 Downing Creek
Who did the previous trials?
- All the celebs had to face their fears in a series of challenges to try to win meal tickets for camp just before they entered the jungle. The High Rise Challenge saw Toff, Jack, Jamie, Amir, Jennie and Vanessa walk the plank off a building 32 stories high. Stanley and Rebekah faced “Hell Hole” and Shappi and Dennis skydived out of a helicopter into a lake.
The camp were left with just four meal tokens after both Stanley and Shappi failed to complete their challenges.
- Amir Khan and Georgia Toffolo attempted Critter-cal Rescue and did not win any meals for camp after Amir said the dreaded words; “I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here”.
- Amir managed to complete the second trial, Flushed Away and win an extra meal ticket to go with the existing meals for camp meaning six campmates got to eat a delicious emu dinner.
- Rebekah Vardy and Georgia Toffoloas were forced to eat plateful of creepy crawlies in 45 seconds for the Worst Dates Bushtucker Trial and won eight meals for the camp.
- Iain Lee and Kezia Digdale took on The Battle for 10 Downing Creek with Iain winning and becoming Prime Minster and splitting the camps in two.
- Then came The Fright House with Amir Khan and Vanessa White.
- Next was Temple of Gloom with Iain Lee.
- It was Rebekah Vardy and Jamie Lomas turn to go into The Hole.
- The next trial was a LIVE Bushtucker Trial and saw the boys going up against the girls.
- The All Day race saw Shappi Khorsandi and Rebekah Vardy go up against Jamie Lomas and Dennis Wise.
- Iain Lee was hung by a zipwire for Space Your Fears.
- Stanley Johnson finally did a trail and took on the Fear Factory with Kezia Dugdale.
- Rebekah Vardy was pulled out for medical reasons.
- Amir Khan and Georgia Toffolo took on the next eating challenge, and sampled the delights of Kiosk Keith’s Outback Refreshment Shack.
- Jamie Lomas and Dennis Wise took on the Tortuous Tanks Bushtucker Trial and secured six stars for the camp.
- Jennie McAlpine and Vanessa White had the amusing task of have to guess what pop songs the other one was humming while holding jungle critters in their mouths. They managed to win seven stars for camp.
- Georgia Toffolo bravely took on Snakes R High.
- Dennis Wise then won a full set of stars when he took on the Temple of Doom.
- After an argument in camp is was decided that Jamie Lomas would take on Tutankha-Doom.
Why are they called Bushtucker Trials?
The Bushtucker Trials take their name from ‘bush tucker’ – the term given to any native Australian food eaten by the nation’s Aboriginal population.
While some of these morsels, such as witchetty grubs, look more at home in an I’m A Celeb food challenge, others, such as kangaroo meat, are still widely sold in supermarkets.
Given that the celebrities are being put through their various terrifying ordeals to secure some precious meals for the camp, the terminology is very apt.
CHECK YOUR CHANGE
'JEALOUS RAGE' ATTACK
SI DRIVES ME CRAZY
'NOTHING IS PERFECT'
TV & Showbiz
TV & Showbiz
MEOW-T OF SIGHT