THE Great British Bake Off has now reached the final of its first series on new home Channel 4.
Here is the scoop on the Bake Off final line-up as the first series away from the BBC draws to an end.
PA:Press Association The new Bake Off foursome line up
What time is the Great British Bake Off 2017 final on TV?
The Great British Bake Off final will air TONIGHT, Tuesday, October 31 at 8pm on Channel 4.
It will go head-to-head with Our Girl on BBC One, This World on BBC Two and Midsomer Murders on ITV.
Channel 4 moved GBBO from its traditional Wednesday night slot creating a temporary clash with the BBC's replacement show The Big Family Cooking Showdown – which the Beeb then moved to a Thursday evening so fans can watch both as they air.
Beeb bosses backed down on a bid to keep the show off air – they had originally planned to enforce a contract with Love Productions that would have delayed it until 2018.
PA:Press Association Paul Hollywood has a new set of co-stars
Who is in the Great British Bake Off 2017 final and who has been eliminated?
The line-up for Bake Off 2017 included a trainee stuntwoman, the oldest ever contestant and a software developer who has survived cancer.
- Kate, 29, from Merseyside, is a health and safety inspector who also dabbles in blacksmithing, furniture restoration and yoga.
- Steven, 34, from Hertfordshire, has a background in marketing, but his heart lies in the kitchen – he has lost an impressive five stone thanks to his own home-cooking.
- Sophie, 33, from Surrey, is a former Officer in the Royal Artillery who is training to be a stuntwoman – she didn't discover her talent for baking until she volunteered to make a friend's birthday cake.
- Peter, 52, from Essex, is an IT programme manager who lived in Nigeria from the age of seven and moved back to the United Kingdom when he was 24. He was eliminated in Week One.
- Chris, 50, from Bristol, is a software developer who loves the science behind baking – a cancer survivor, he is passionate about helping other people whose lives have been affected by the disease. He was elimated in Week Two.
- Tom, 29, from Edinburgh, is an architect who lives with his partner David and was taught to bake by his mother, a home economics teacher. He was elimianted in Week Three.
- Flo, 71, from Merseyside, is the oldest amateur contestant to appear on Bake Off to date, and took up baking after the death of her husband, Richard, two years ago.
- James, 46, from Essex, describes himself as a bald, baking banker – although friends say he looks more like a bank robber – and grows his own fruit and vegetables to incorporate into his recipes.
- Julia, 21, from West Sussex, spent three years honing her baking prowess so she could enter Bake Off, and was originally from Kemerovo, Siberia.
- Yan, 46, from North London, moved from Hong Kong to the UK with her family when she was two, and started to bake seriously 10 years ago.
- Liam, 19, from North London, has been baking for four years and is fondly known as the 'Cake Boy' amongst his university friends.
- Stacey, 42, from Hertfordshire, is a former school teacher who has fond memories of helping her grandmother make bread and butter pudding when she was a little girl.
PA:Press Association The 12 contestants for Bake Off 2017 alongside the judges and presenters
Who is judging Great British Bake Off 2017?
Paul Hollywood, 50, is the only member of the original judging team to make the move to Channel 4 and he will be joined by cooking legend Prue Leith.
The Sun exclusively revealed in February that former Great British Menu judge Prue, 76, would be taking on the role.
A source said: “Both are from similar backgrounds, so hopefully viewers will be accepting and give Prue a chance to win them over.
“Following in Mary’s footsteps is a big challenge.
“But the producers are confident that Prue has all the attributes."
It's been difficult for fans to wave goodbye to national treasure Mary Berry, after she was crowned best judge at this year's National Television Awards (NTAs).
Instagram Prue Leith replaced Mary Berry as Paul's co-judge
Who presents Great British Bake Off 2017?
After Channel 4 scooped the rights to the Bake Off with a £75 million three-year offer, hosts Mel Giedroyc, 48, and Sue Perkins, 47, joined 81-year-old judge Mary Berry by quitting.
After much speculation, Channel 4 finally announced that the new presenters will be Sandi Toksvig and Noel Fielding.
Sandi Toksvig is one of the new presenters
Sandi said: “It is an extraordinary honour to part of this national treasure of a show.
“Noel Fielding is one of the nicest guys in show business.
"The first time I met him I felt like I had met a rather wayward cousin whose take on the world made me laugh.
"The only down side is that he has much better dress sense than I do. I spend my daytimes on Channel 4 already so it will be a treat to be there in the evenings.
Getty Images Noel's appointment is definitely one of the most surprising of the three
Noel is equally as pleased to be working with Sandi, saying: "GBBO is one of my favourite shows.
"I’ve always loved brightly coloured cakes and Sandi Toksvig so this is a dream come true for me!
"It’s basically the double."
What is The Great British Bake Off 2017's format?
The Sun exclusively revealed in April that Channel 4 were sticking to the same tried and tested recipe for the new series – by using the same venue, tent and theme tune.
In previous years 12 eager hopefully have entered the tent in the first episode with one being eliminated each week until the final three battle it out in the grande finale.
Each episode has three challenges, the signature bake, the technical bake and the show stopper challenge, with the judges Paul – and previously Mary Berry – offering their expert opinions on the contestant's attempts.
Fame Flynet The Bake Off tents are back
Only time will tell how this year's series will be structured, but with a whole new presenting team and a brand new judge, fans are relieved that it hasn't changed too much.
Channel 4 released a new trailer on August 3 hinting that Bake Off would be back on our screens before long.
However, the minute-long teaser trailer didn't feature the new presenters or judges or any tension from the famous tent.
Instead, it was an adorable animated clip of various types of cakes singing a song about "all standing.
Stacey Hart just misses out on the final of Great British Bake Off in emotional scenes after flamingo disaster
GREAT BRITISH TIP-OFF
BAKING IT IN
THAT'S GOTTA HURT
HAD SON TOO MANY
NOT SO HIDDEN GEM
MAY'S SINNER CIRCLE
BRUNO SEX SHOCK
'FALL'S A LIFE-CHANGER'
skate it off
FEARS OF A CLOWN
- What time is the Great British Bake Off 2017 final on TV?
- Who is in the Great British Bake Off 2017 final and who has been eliminated?
- Who is judging Great British Bake Off 2017?
- Who presents Great British Bake Off 2017?
- What is The Great British Bake Off 2017's format?
- GREAT BRITISH TIP-OFF
- BAKING IT IN
- KIM'S DISASTER
- MESHING ABOUT
- SCHOOL PANIC
- THAT'S GOTTA HURT
- HAD SON TOO MANY
- NOT SO HIDDEN GEM
- MAY'S SINNER CIRCLE
- BRUNO SEX SHOCK
- HE'S WANTED
- NATIONAL TREASURE
- The chase
- 'FALL'S A LIFE-CHANGER'
- skate it off
- FEARS OF A CLOWN
- LOVE ICE-LAND