Twitter Surges After Morgan Stanley Raises From Underweight | The News Amed
Connect with us

World

Twitter Surges After Morgan Stanley Raises From Underweight

Published

on

SAN FRANCISCO – Shares of Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) surged nearly 11 percent on Tuesday and were on track for their best session in two months after Morgan Stanley upgraded its recommendation on the social network to “equal-weight” from “underweight”.

Investors are likely to continue to pay a premium for Twitter’s stock due to expectations of faster revenue growth in 2018 and signs of progress in a company turnaround, Morgan Stanley analyst Brian Nowak wrote in a report.

Nowak raised his target price for Twitter by a dollar to $29. Twitter traded at $31.69 on the New York Stock Exchange at midday.

World

Islamic State Threatens Polling Station Attacks Ahead Of Iraq Vote

Published

on

BAGHDAD – Islamic State said it would attack polling stations in Iraq during parliamentary election next month and that anyone who participated in the vote would be considered an infidel.

In an audio message released late on Sunday, the militant group’s spokesman accused Iraq’s Shi’ite-led government of being a proxy of Iran and warned that anyone who runs or votes in the May 12 election would be targeted. Iraqi officials have said polling stations will be well protected.

Continue Reading

World

Brussels Judge Starts To Deliver Verdict Against Paris Attacks Suspect

Published

on

BRUSSELS – A Belgian judge started to deliver her verdict on Monday in the trial of Salah Abdeslam, the prime surviving suspect in the 2015 Islamic State attacks on Paris, over a shootout with police in Brussels in 2016.

Abdeslam’s lawyer had argued his client should be acquitted of attempting to murder police due to a procedural error. The judge quickly dismissed this argument as she began reading the judgment. The reading was expected to last some three hours.

Continue Reading

World

China Says 32 Nationals Dead In Major North Korean Bus Crash

Published

on

BEIJING – Thirty-two Chinese tourists and four North Koreans died in a major bus accident in North Korea, China’s foreign ministry said on Monday, with two Chinese nationals seriously injured and left in critical condition.

Chinese visitors make up about 80 percent of all foreign tourists to North Korea, says a South Korean think-tank, the Korea Maritime Institute, which estimates that tourism generates revenue of about $44 million each year for the isolated country.

Chinese diplomats have rushed to the scene of Sunday’s accident in North Hwanghae province, the foreign ministry said.

In a Twitter message earlier on Monday, Chinese state television’s English-language channel said a tour bus had fallen off a bridge, killing more than 30 people, but later deleted the message.

Continue Reading

Trending