Connect with us

News

Mohammed Abdallah guilty of joining Islamic State

Mohammed Abdallah received help to travel to Syria from his brother in Manchester.

Published

on

A British man has been found guilty of travelling to join so-called Islamic State in Syria.

Mohammed Abdallah received help from his brother Abdalraouf, who set up a “hub” of communication for would-be fighters from his home in Manchester.

The Old Bailey heard the 26-year-old intended to meet three fellow jihadis in Syria.

Abdallah, of Westerling Way, Moss Side, Manchester, was convicted following a trial lasting more than four weeks.

He was found guilty of possessing an AK47 gun, receiving £2,000 for terrorism purposes and membership of IS.

Abdallah was remanded into custody until his sentencing on Friday.

The jury heard the defendant was assisted by his disabled younger brother Abdalraouf, who was previously jailed for helping other members of the same network.

Image caption Abdalraouf Abdallah has been in a wheelchair since he was injured in Libya at the age of 18

Abdalraouf was left paralysed after he was shot while taking part in the 2011 Libyan uprising.

His brother was outed as an IS fighter last year when an IS registration document listing him as a “specialist sniper” was leaked to Sky News by a defector.

The court heard how the defendant arrived in Britain as a refugee at the age of three after his family fled the Gaddafi regime in Libya.

Abdallah went to Burnage High School in Manchester and also attended Didsbury Mosque, where Manchester Arena suicide bomber Salman Abedi was also known to have worshipped, it can now be reported.

Abdallah previously said he failed to pass any exams and was “not particularly religious”, preferring to spend time drinking and smoking cannabis.

Image copyright GMP Image caption Abdallah’s IS registration document was translated into English and analysed by detectives

In 2011 the brothers joined the “Tripoli Brigade” and during a bloody battle against the Gaddafi regime, Abdalraouf was shot and paralysed from the waist down.

Jurors were shown video footage of both siblings handling heavy Russian-made machine guns on vehicles in Libya.

In the summer of 2014, Abdallah headed to Syria via Libya with fellow Libyan Nezar Khalifa, 27, the jury heard.

Prosecutor Mark Heywood QC said they planned to join IS with former RAF serviceman Stephen Gray, 34, and Raymond Matimba, 28, who were also from Manchester.

Gray was turned away in Turkey, but Matimba eventually caught up with the others and recently appeared in footage with the late IS killer Mohammed Emwazi, known as Jihadi John.

In 2016, Sky News received files from an IS defector which listed Abdallah as a specialist sniper with expertise with the “Dushka”, a Russian heavy machine gun, and fighting experience in Libya.

Image copyright GMP Image caption Former RAF serviceman Stephen Gray also tried to enter Syria but was turned away in Turkey

His record, which had the IS flag in the top right-hand corner, listed his former occupation as “supermarket vendor”, although jobless Abdallah told jurors he got by in Britain by stealing and selling cannabis.

The form listed Manchester recruiter Raphael Hostey, aka Abu Al-qaqa Al Britani, as a reference for Abdallah, as well as a “family friend”, the Libyan narrator of an IS video entitled Demolishing Borders.

Giving evidence, Abdallah denied swearing allegiance to the jihadi group, claiming he went to Syria to help deliver $5,000 to the poor.

He said someone else must have filled out the registration form without his knowledge.

News

Theresa May’s allies urge her to delay holding Cabinet reshuffle to May after ending year on unexpected high

THERESA May’s allies are urging her to delay a government reshuffle to May after her surprise end to the year on a high. The Prime Minister has been widely expected to freshen up her ageing Cabinet…

Published

on

By

THERESA May’s allies are urging her to delay a government reshuffle to May after her surprise end to the year on a high.

The Prime Minister has been widely expected to freshen up her ageing Cabinet with four or five new faces at the start of the New Year.

 Theresa May’s allies are urging her to delay a Cabine reshuffle to MayPA Theresa May’s allies are urging her to delay a Cabine reshuffle to May

She has also privately caved to backbench pressure to promote more younger Tory MP rising stars onto the frontbench for the first time.

But the unexpected upturn in the troubled PM’s fortunes by securing Phase Two of Brexit talks has lead to a rethink among some in No10.

Mrs May’s aides are split over whether to now carry out the reshuffle after the council elections in May instead, when a wipeout in the cities is feared.

Holding on another five months would also help keep  ministers in line over the crucial internal deliberations until March over what exactly to ask the EU for in a Brexit trade deal.

 Education Secretary Justine Greening, Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire and Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom, pictured, are also said to be vulnerablePA Education Secretary Justine Greening, Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire and Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom, pictured, are also said to be vulnerable

One close ally of Mrs May told The Sun: “A reshuffle is not a card any PM can play too often, so you should only do one when you really have to.

“They have a habit of creating more problems than they solve, so there is a growing feeling not to rock the boat now Theresa is looking  more solid.

“We will also get an undoubted kicking at the locals in May, so we’ll need something to regain the initiative after them.”

Next year’s local elections on Thursday May 3 are largely being held only in the bigger towns and cities, including all 32 London boroughs.

 The PM will decide on when to hold the second reshuffle of her reign as PM over the Christmas breakPA The PM will decide on when to hold the second reshuffle of her reign as PM over the Christmas break

The Tories suffered heavy losses in the urban areas at the June general election and senior party figures fear a repeat drubbing, leaving the poll’s aftermath a moment of certain danger for Mrs May.

The PM will decide on when to hold the second reshuffle of her reign as PM over the Christmas break.

First Secretary Damian Green ongoing sexual harassment probe is also a key factor in her thinking, The Sun has been told.

Mrs May wants her de facto deputy’s precarious situation to be resolved first so she knows whether he needs to be replaced.

Continue Reading

News

Porn legend Keiran Lee attacks cyber bullies after three adult star deaths in five weeks

A TOP porn star claims cyber bullies are having a devastating impact on the industry – after the sudden deaths of three adult performers in recent weeks. Renowned Brit adult entertainer Keira…

Published

on

By

A TOP porn star claims cyber bullies are having a devastating impact on the industry – after the sudden deaths of three adult performers in recent weeks.

Renowned Brit adult entertainer Keiran Lee has today paid tribute to his friend August Ames who was found dead after a tweet she posted sparked a homophobic row.

 Keiran Lee has slammed cyber bullies who attacked August in the days before her deathGetty – Contributor Keiran Lee has slammed cyber bullies who attacked August in the days before her death

Shyla Stylez and Yuri Luv were also found dead in tragic circumstances within just five weeks of each other — leading to calls for action from colleagues and fans.

Speaking to The Sun from the capital of porn Los Angeles, Derby-born Keiran, 33, said: “Cyber bullying was the final push for August.

“If you’re reading hate after hate every day it’s going to knock your confidence and make you question certain things.

“Porn stars are no different to sport personalities, or film stars who have to put up with trolls every day.

 X-rated actress August Ames died last month after a battle with depression@msmaplefever : Instagram X-rated actress August Ames died last month after a battle with depression Porn star August Ames dead at 23 after starring in more than 270 flicks

“I get a lot of Twitter hate. I don’t post anything about my family because if I was to put a picture of my son up, I would get messages like ‘oh yeah you’re son’s going to be so proud. You’re a w***e you’re going to go to hell’.”

He added: “Everyone is probably thinking she’s just another porn girl who has died after doing too many drugs, but that’s 110 per cent not the case.

“She was not a party girl. She would go to work, come home and smoke weed watching c**p films and play with her cats.

“Everyone in the industry is very shocked and saddened. “

Twenty three-year-old August, who performed in more than 270 x-rated flicks since joining the industry in 2014, was found hanged in a park close to the California home she shared with her husband Kevin Moore.

In the days before her death, August, whose real name was Mercedes Grabowski, had been attacked online after saying she wouldn’t shoot a scene with an actor who had performed in gay porn.

She is believed to have been battling with depression before her death on December 5.

 Ames had previously spoken about depression and others are now stressing the need for discussion@msmaplefever : Instagram Ames had previously spoken about depression and others are now stressing the need for discussion

Since then, many inside and outside the porn industry have demanded answers following the sudden three deaths.

Keiran, who has starred in more than 1,200 scenes in his career, said: “You would never have guessed those girls would have killed themselves.

“Ever since everyone has been checking in with each other.

“It has brought the industry even closer together, even stronger. Although it’s a very large industry, it’s also very close knit.

“We have all said enough is enough with these cyber bullies, we shouldn’t be having to put up with it.”

 The tragic death of porn actress Yurizan Beltran was announced on FridayInstagram The tragic death of porn actress Yurizan Beltran was announced on Friday  Yuri's death has sparked a call for answers as concerns over performers' mental health is raisedInstagram Yuri’s death has sparked a call for answers as concerns over performers’ mental health is raised Porn star Yurizan Beltran found dead at age 31 after a suspected overdose

Yuri, also known as Yurizan Beltran, died at the age of 31, with early reports suggesting she may have overdosed on pills.

Shy Love, a friend of Yuri, said: “Being a porn star is a harder job them most can imagine and I wish that porn girls got way more respect for their jobs and hard work.”

Announcing her death, Dan Hogue, from PornStar Platinum, said: “It is with a heavy heart I write this.

“The entire PornStar Platinum family is in mourning at the news of the loss of one of its family members.

 Canadian Shyla Stylez was found unresponsive at her mum's homeTwitter Canadian Shyla Stylez was found unresponsive at her mum’s home

“Yuri was found today at the age of 31. She was always kind to me and we will miss her.”

Colleague Nickey Milo said: “Beltran died of an apparent drug overdose… There were pills found near the bed.”

Canadian Shyla Stylez, real name Amanda Friedland, was found unresponsive at her mum’s home last month.

The 35-year-old reportedly died in her sleep at the property in British Columbia on November 9.

Continue Reading

News

Former Coronation Street star Bruno Langley had sex with girl, 16, and asked her to read him erotic novel 50 Shades

CORRIE pervert Bruno Langley preyed on a 16-year-old girl before they had sex at her home. Langley, then 29, continued to pester the teen after she dumped him. She said of the star, who groped two …

Published

on

By

CORRIE pervert Bruno Langley preyed on a 16-year-old girl before they had sex at her home.

Langley, then 29, continued to pester the teen after she dumped him.

 Ex-Coronation Street star Bruno Langley had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girlRex Features Ex-Coronation Street star Bruno Langley had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl

She said of the star, who groped two clubbers: “He was creepy.”

Bruno Langley asked the 16-year-old girl to read him passages from 50 Shades of Grey on their first date.

She told how the actor, axed from Coronation Street for groping two women, joked about how young she looked on their first date.

Now 21, she recalled: “When he was buying the cinema tickets, the cashier said, ‘Two adults?’ And he laughed and said, ‘Well, not really’.”

 The girl, who wishes to remain anonymous, says she dumped the actor for being 'creepy'Tony Spencer The girl, who wishes to remain anonymous, says she dumped the actor for being ‘creepy’

As he walked her home, the sleazy soap star spied the erotic novel 50 Shades in her handbag.

She said: “He then asked me to read it to him, which was so embarrassing and cringeworthy.”

She said Langley, who played Todd Grimshaw in the ITV soap, marched over to her at a party in July 2012 — just weeks after she left school.

The bar worker, who we are not naming, recalled: “He said, ‘Why isn’t my number in your phone?’ He was pretty famous, so I was taken aback he came over.

“And he seemed nice, even though he was a bit cocky. I think he fancied himself more than I did.”

 The actor, who has been axed from Coronation Street, has pleaded guilty to indecent assaults on two women while in a nightclubPA:Press Association The actor, who has been axed from Coronation Street, has pleaded guilty to indecent assaults on two women while in a nightclub

They messaged and talked while she was on holiday, then began to see each other twice a week when she returned.

She said they had sex in her bedroom but she ended the relationship after six weeks as he was getting too clingy.

She recalled: “He was just a bit creepy. I went to a festival and he was texting me, asking to see me when I returned.

“But I said ‘no’ because I was so tired. I ended up falling asleep on the sofa and he turned up at my door. I thought that was completely desperate and quite strange.”

 The bar worker, now aged 21, began texting Bruno Langley after meeting him a party weeks after finishing schoolTony Spencer The bar worker, now aged 21, began texting Bruno Langley after meeting him a party weeks after finishing school

She ordered him to leave then ignored all his messages but Langley got back in touch with her in January 2013.

By then she was seeing someone else, yet she said he continued to pester her at work, until just weeks before his arrest in September for sexual assault.

She said: “I found out from a friend about the charges and I wasn’t surprised.”

Langley, 34, of Altrincham, Gtr Manchester, pleaded guilty last month to indecent assaults on two women at a nightclub.

Bruno Langley leaves court after sentencing for sexual assault  Bruno Langley, 34, blamed his sex attacks on women on the stress of playing a gay character on Coronation StreetRex Features Bruno Langley, 34, blamed his sex attacks on women on the stress of playing a gay character on Coronation Street

Magistrates heard he grabbed the crotch of one victim in front of her husband and also intimately touched another.

He was spared prison, instead receiving a 12-month community order while being ordered to sign the sex offenders register.

The dad of one issued a grovelling apology for the nightclub assaults and promised to get help for alcohol addiction.

He said: “It must have been awful for those women, and I’m ashamed of myself. I’m truly sorry.”

 Bruno Langley was spared prison for indecently assaulting two women, but received a 12-month community orderNews Group Newspapers Ltd Bruno Langley was spared prison for indecently assaulting two women, but received a 12-month community order

But his former teen lover said last night: “I don’t think his apology will wash with anyone. He didn’t have a drinking problem when he was preying on me.”

She went on: “I was so young and naive. But I am now old enough to know the age gap was inappropriate.

“Hopefully this has been a wake up-call to him. The whole thing left me feeling really dirty.”

Continue Reading

sports

Sports2 hours ago

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho tells Manchester City to can the celebrations until they actually win something

JOSE MOURINHO has told Manchester City: Don’t sing until you win something. City stars hailed the 4-1 beating of Spurs...

Sports2 hours ago

SPOTY 2017 voting figures: Anthony Joshua amazingly misses out on third by 18 VOTES – and where did Lewis Hamilton finish?

SIR MO FARAH won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award in a huge shock in Liverpool. The running...

Sports2 hours ago

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte in cash jibe at runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City

ANTONIO CONTE fears Manchester City will gobble up all before them because of the club’s mega-spending power. City are 11...

Sports2 hours ago

Viewers convinced Paula Radcliffe’s husband calls Mo Farah’s 2017 SPOTY win a ‘f****** joke’ or ‘con’

SIR MO FARAH picked up the Sports Personality of the Year award tonight and fans have been speculating about a...

Sports2 hours ago

Five former England cricket stars face questioning from anti-corruption bosses following The Sun’s match-fixing probe

FIVE former England cricketers face ­questioning from anti-corruption bosses over The Sun’s match-fixing probe. They were named by Indian Sobers...

Sports2 hours ago

Dele Alli earned rave reviews for Tottenham form last season but is he resting on his laurels as Spurs dip?

DELE ALLI has received plenty of plaudits over the last two years — and rightly so. He was particularly good...

Sports2 hours ago

Manuel Lanzini dive: West Ham star to be hit with retrospective FA ban for simulation after winning penalty against Stoke

MANUEL LANZINI will be hit with a retrospective FA charge on Monday for diving. The Argentine forward could become only...

Sports2 hours ago

Why did Mo Farah not attend BBC Sports Personality of the Year, and how many children does he have?

SIR MO FARAH topped off an incredible year by being winning the BBC Sports Personality of the Year tonight. But...

Sports2 hours ago

Who won SPOTY? Sir Mo Farah crowned the winner in 40/1 BBC Sports Personality 2017 shock triumph

SIR MO FARAH won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award for the first time. He did not attend...

Sports2 hours ago

West Brom transfers news: Huddersfield star Rajiv van La Parra being eyed up by Huddersfield for January move

RAJIV VAN LA PARRA has emerged as a target for West Brom. The Huddersfield winger is wanted by Alan Pardew...

Trending