– Most of the political ads about divisive issues that ran on Facebook Inc before the 2016 U.S. presidential election were sponsored by “suspicious groups” with no publicly available information about them, according to a study released on Monday and based on a database of five million ads on Facebook.
One in six of those groups was linked to Russia, according to a University of Wisconsin-Madison study here, and the identities of the rest of the 122 groups that are labeled “suspicious” are still unknown, an indication of the influence of “astroturf” or shell companies in U.S. politics.
Understanding Kim Inside The Us Effort To Profile The Secretive North Korean Leader
WASHINGTON – U.S. intelligence experts are trying to build a profile of Kim Jong Un to give President Donald Trump a competitive edge in one of the most consequential summits since the Cold War, but they face a huge challenge – figuring out a secretive North Korean ruler few people know much about.
Following a long tradition of arming U.S. presidents with political and psychological dossiers of foreign leaders ahead of critical negotiations, government analysts are gathering every new bit of information they can glean about Kim and making adjustments to earlier assessments of what makes him tick, U.S. officials told Reuters.
They will rely in part on the impressions drawn by CIA director Mike Pompeo, who just weeks ago became the first Trump administration official to meet Kim. Pompeo, Trump’s pick to become secretary of state, came back from Pyongyang privately describing the young North Korean leader as “a smart guy who’s doing his homework” for the meetings, according to one U.S. official, who described Pompeo’s personal view of Kim for the first time.
The profile will also include intelligence gathered in past debriefings of others who have interacted with Kim, including ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman, Kim’s former classmates at a Swiss boarding school and South Korean envoys, other U.S. officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Thirteen Children Killed When School Bus And Train Collide In Northern India
MUMBAI – Thirteen children were killed on Thursday when a school van collided with a train at an unmanned railway crossing in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, a police official said.
Eight children were injured and taken hospital, said the official, adding there were 22 children in the vehicle.
Top supermarket offers and family meal recipes for Great British Beef Week
BEEF is moo-ving away from its macho image for Great British Beef Week. A group of female farmers known as Ladies In Beef have organised the week, which ends on Sunday. They want to show the health…
BEEF is moo-ving away from its macho image for Great British Beef Week.
A group of female farmers known as Ladies In Beef have organised the week, which ends on Sunday.
Getty – Contributor We show you what meals you can prepare with lean cuts for Great British Beef Week
They want to show the health benefits of leaner cuts of the sort that would leave The Dandy’s cow pie-loving alpha male Desperate Dan weeping into his whiskers.
These cuts are a great source of protein, vitamin, iron and other minerals, and work in everything from stir-fries to roasts.
And with fantastic supermarket deals, you don’t need to beef about the price either.
This is my pick of the best offers for family meals and a couple of great recipes which would even keep Dan happy.
Everything you need to make these recipes can be found at Morrisons
Beef for the barbie
GET barbecue-ready with top deals on beef in all forms.
Barbecue ready beef tastes even better with these deals
- Four beef shish kebabs, £4 from M&S, or get three packs for £10.
- Get two for £5 on selected Morrisons burgers including The Best four vintage cheddar beef burgers and Morrisons The Best 6oz British chuck burgers, £3 each.
- Lidl’s Birchwood Farm three beef sizzle steaks with garlic and herb rub, 297g, are £2.99.
- Get three for £10 on Waitrose Aberdeen Angus beef rump steak £4.
- Until May 15 enjoy two for £5 on a variety of Waitrose sausages including Waitrose Aberdeen Angus beef and black pepper chipolatas, £3.29.
KEEP vegetarians and vegans happy with the huge range of meat-free meals for the grill.
Plenty of offers for the vegetarians in the family too
- Morrisons four edamame and sweet potato burgers, 350g, are £1.57.
- Until May 15, Waitrose frozen vegetarian chilli bean burgers, £2, are two for £3.
- Sainsbury’s six caramelised onion shroomdogs are £2.50.
- Tesco six meat-free Lincolnshire-style sausages, 264g, and Tesco meat-free hot dog-style sausages, nine pack, are £1.75 each, or buy three for £4.
- Save 30p on Gosh! beetroot, kale and quinoa vegan burgers at Ocado until May 15, now £2.
- Morrisons six vegetarian Glamorgan sausages, 300g, are £1.57.
Meals to make your mouth water
From beef brisket to meatballs and mince – these are the best deals around
- GET three for £10 on 25 British Beef Meatballs, £4.12, from Morrisons.
- Morrisons British Minced Beef 20% Fat, 500g, is down from £2.08 to £1.75.
- Save £2.52 per kilo on Morrisons Best Braising Steak, now £8 per kilo.
- Save 30p on Sainsbury’s 21-Day Matured Rump Steak, 225g, now £2.50.
- Birchwood Farm Beef Roasting Joint, 1.2-1.6kg, is £5.99 from Lidl. Lidl’s Birchwood Farm Beef Brisket Joint, 0.8-1.2kg, is £6.99.
- Tesco Fajita Beef Pieces, 180g, are £3 or two for £5.
- Tesco Finest Aberdeen Angus Steak Mince, 500g, is down from £4.40 to £3.30.
- Save 50p on Sainsbury’s 21-Day Matured Beef Sizzler Steaks, 350g, now £3.
Other barbie meat and fish
MAKE room on the grill for chicken, lamb, pork and fish – thanks to some mouthwatering deals.
We’ve picked the most mouthwatering deals in other meat and fish too
- Get three packs of barbecue meats for £10 at M&S including four lemon and herb salmon flatties, £4.50, and smoked pork shoulder, £4.
- Stack up the savings with Iceland’s burger deal and choose one pack of burgers, two toppings, two sides and one pack of buns for just £6.
- Save 50p on Tesco Finest 12 pork British outdoor bred chipolatas, 375g, now £2.
- Tesco BBQ minted lamb kebabs, 400g, are £4 or get three for £10.
- Until May 8, enjoy 20 per cent off Waitrose’s new BBQ range, including Buttermilk Chicken King kebab and treacle cured flat iron steak, both down to £5.60 from £7.
- Try Sainsbury’s new range, Love Meat & Veg!, which includes beef burgers with shitake, soy & ginger, £2.50, and lamb koftas with chickpeas & apricots – £2.50.
Chilli con carne fajitas
These fajitas are perfect for all these family to make and enjoy together
- 450g beef steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 pack tortilla wraps
TO MAKE: Season the steak with coarse ground black pepper and set to one side. Slice onion and peppers into thin slices.
Crush the garlic, then finely chop the chilli and coriander.
Fry the onion and chilli in a little oil for five minutes, without allowing to brown.
Add garlic, peppers, cumin and season to taste, then cook on a low heat for ten minutes.
Finish by adding the juice of half a lime. Sprinkle the steak with sea salt and sear to medium in a hot pan until the meat feels springy to touch.
Set aside the steak to rest for five minutes. Cut the steak into strips, approximately 3mm.
On warm tortillas, place equal amounts of onion and pepper mix, topped with steak strips.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Roll and cut in half to serve.
- Recipe from Morrisons
Aubergine and mince bake
FANCY a change from lasagne? This moussaka-style bake is a great option. Make it in advance and put it in the freezer for an easy family meal.
For a change from family favourite dish lasagne, try this aubergine and mince bake
- 400g minced beef
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 150g red split lentils
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400ml beef stock, made from a cube
- 300g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 10g sunflower spread
- 20g plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
METHOD: Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Dry-fry the mince until brown. Drain the fat then add the curry powder, lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
News3 weeks ago
Humboldt Broncos junior ice hockey players hold hands in hospital beds after crash kills 14 on team bus
News1 week ago
Boyfriend Battered By Evil Ex Who Stabbed And Poured Boiling Water On Him Feared He Would ‘lose Limbs’ In Torture Ordeal
Tv & Showbiz2 weeks ago
Who Is The Durrells’ New Character Daphne Likourgou And What Else Has Actress Elli Tringou Been In?
News4 days ago
Police searching for British dad who ‘abducted twin daughters’ in France after custody battle
Sports2 weeks ago
Kansas North Carolina State Newly Mentioned In Ncaa Case
News1 week ago
Drug smuggler pays tribute to estranged wife found hanged in Sussex home as ‘wonderful mum’ – as mystery man found dead with her named
News14 hours ago
Alfie Evans latest updates – when was the baby’s life support switched off at Alder Hey hospital and what’s happening now?
News1 week ago
Who is Tammie Jo Shults? Southwest Airlines 1380 emergency landing pilot hailed a hero after engine failure horror